National Convention Information
2018 NATIONAL CONVENTION
THIS PAGE IS IN PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED!
I am updating this page as of March 1 2018 with information I have to date. For those that are planning on going I NEED Housing Forms turned in; the deadline is July 1, 2018 to get requests in to me so I can meet my deadlines.
Also anyone wanting a banquet ticket I still have some availalbe. The cost is $48.00 dollars a piece. The food better be real good for that amount. I am excited about the below opportunities so stay tuned as we progress to Minneapolis MN, for our 100th National Convention, August 23-31, 2018.
The Millennium Hotel Minneapolis will serve as The Department of New Hampshires American Legion’s, Auxiliary and Sons of The American Legion’s H Hotel for this convention. The hotel is right near the mall which may or may not be a bad thing. Plus our hotel is within a block or two of the convention center for those who like to walk.
The Hilton Minneapolis will serve as The American Legion’s and Sons of The American Legion’s Headquarters Hotel. The Hyatt Regency will serve as the American Legion Auxiliary Headquarters Hotel.
We wanted to give each of you another quick update regarding the 2018 National Convention.
1. Friday, August 24, 2018 – Color Guard Competition at 5:00PM. Rules and applications are on the website at www.legion.org/convention and www.legion/convention/contests. Currently, we have only received THREE applications. Application deadline is July 20.
2. Friday, August 24, 2018 – Minnesota Vikings vs. Seattle Seahawks at 7:00PM. See website for ticket information.
3. Saturday, August 25, 2018 – Competitive Concert Band Contest performance. Contest will start at 1:00PM. Six Legion Bands will be competing.
4. Saturday, August 25, 2018 – American Legion Family Night at Target Field with the Minnesota Twins. Game time is 6:10PM. Come and support Commander Rohan as she throws out the first pitch. See website for ticket information.
5. Sunday, August 26, 2018 – Patriotic Memorial Service starting at 11:00AM featuring the Minnesota Boychoir.
6. Sunday, August 26, 2018 – National Convention Parade. Great parade route going right through the heart of downtown Minneapolis, starting at 5th Street and Nicollet Mall and ending at 12th and Nicollet. The Department of Minnesota’s Post Parade Party will be held in the Minneapolis Convention Center. See attached flyer.
7. Tuesday, August 28, 2018 – National Commander’s Banquet. Your National Commander has selected Three Dog Night as the Banquet Entertainment. Tickets are $48.00 per person and each table is a round for TEN (10) people. Departments may send their checks to the Convention & Meetings Office of The American Legion. We still have a few tickets available.
As communicated during Membership Workshops last year, starting in 2019 recommend budgeting $50.00 per ticket.
8. Experience the Twin Cities tour company has provided a variety of sightseeing opportunities while in/around Minneapolis. Registration information is on our website.
9. Medical Services Letter is attached.
A final update will be communicated at the end of July. As always, please refer to our website for the latest information at www.legion.org/convention.