National Convention Information
2019 NATIONAL CONVENTION
THIS PAGE IS IN PROCESS OF BEING UPDATED!
Wanted to provide a quick update on what we are working on for our attendees’ enjoyment at the 2019 National Convention. All are in the very early stages but wanted to provide for your information and planning as necessary. We are excited about the below opportunities so stay tuned as we progress to hosting in our backyard the 101st National Convention, August 23-29, 2019, Indianapolis, IN.
The JW Marriott will serve as The American Legion Headquarters Hotel. The Marriott Indianapolis will serve as the Sons of The American Legion Headquarters Hotel. The Westin will serve as The American Legion Auxiliary Headquarters hotel.
1. Friday, August 23, 2019 – Color Guard Competition at 4:00PM in Hall A.
2. Saturday, August 24, 2019 – Competitive Concert Band Contest and Exhibition Concert Band performance in Hall A. Contests will start at 1:00PM.
3. Sunday, August 25, 2019 – Patriotic Memorial Service starting at 11:00AM in Halls A&B.
4. Sunday, August 25, 2019 – National Convention Parade. The parade route will be similar to 2012 starting south of The American Legion HQ’s at North and Pennsylvania Streets and will likely end at St. Clair & Meridian Streets. The Department of Indiana is working on a Post Parade Party to be held on The American Legion Mall. More information to come.
5. Tuesday, August 27, 2019 – National Commander’s Banquet. Your National Commander has selected Fab Four (Beatles Tribute Band) as the Banquet Entertainment. Tickets are $50.00 per person and each table is a round for TEN (10) people. Departments may send their checks to the Convention & Meetings Office of The American Legion on or after January 1, 2019.
As communicated during Membership Workshops, each year hereafter will increase by a dollar.
6. We will have shuttle transportation, off-site/parade bus transportation costs as well as tour options to you on or before February 22, 2019.
7. Please check the website often for updated information regarding notable items, events, etc for Indianapolis at www.legion.org/convention. Currently provided: the hotel listing by Department, alternative parking options, airport shuttle options, RV parks, Posts that desire to host functions listing, and Uniformed Groups information. Also, with the Indianapolis Indians Minor League Baseball being in town, American Legion Family Night at Victory Field will be Saturday, August 24 where the National Commander will throw out the first pitch. Discounted tickets and more information will be forthcoming. Game is at 7:05PM.
We are confident our American Legion Family members will enjoy the events we have planned thus far as well as the business sessions of The American Legion and other aspects of our 101st National Convention and the culmination of our Centennial Celebration.
The Department of New Hampshire will be staying at the Embassy Suites. I will post cost in coming months.